In Catan, picture yourself in the era of discoveries: after a long voyage of great deprivation, your ships have finally reached the coast of an uncharted island. Its name shall be Catan! But you are not the only discoverer: The race to settle Catan has begun!
Guide your brave settlers to victory with clever trading and shrewd development. Use resources - grain, wool, ore, lumber, and brick - to build roads, settlements, cities and key cultural milestones. Get those resources by rolling the dice, or by trading with other players. But beware: you never know when someone will block your way, or robbers may strike and steal your hard-earned goods!
In Catan: Seafarers you control a group of bold seafaring settlers exploring and taming the wild, uncharted Isles of Catan. Leave Catan and land on neighboring islands. Explore entirely uncharted regions and discover either sea or land. Soon, you will meet the mysterious forgotten tribe and court its favor. Meanwhile, the pirates are getting more intrusive. Defend yourself and conquer their lairs.
Each game brings you to new seas and new lands. You might even discover the precious gold fields (a very valuable new terrain). The islands give a strategic boost to network building without making the game more complex. A clear vision (and a dash of luck) will decide who will be the undisputed ruler of the rich Isles of Catan!
With the 5-6 Player Extensions, five to six players can sail into the uncharted and explore and settle the mysterious terrains of Catan! Add 1 to 2 more players without sacrificing ease of play. Try one of ten new exciting scenarios! Designed for 5 to 6 players, it adds even more drama to the award-winning game of exploration, seafaring, and trade. The expanded board also allows more choices for where to build, and that makes cutting off routes more important - fewer routes are cut off by mere accident when a player builds a new settlement.
- Get started with one of modern board gaming's towering classics with everything you need in this collection! Includes Catan and the Seafarers expansion, and the 2 Extension sets allowing up to 6 people to join in
- Catan, the title that single-handedly redefined social board games, allows players to control their own civilization and spread across a modular hex board in a race to settle the island of Catan
- Catan: Seafarers adds variety with sealanes, neighboring islands, and marauding pirates and their coves, to the base Catan experience
- The Catan and Seafarers Extensions add extra pieces, tiles, and rule changes to allow up to 2 extra players in on the action while keeping the pace brisk
- Included sets are fully cross compatible for as much variety as you want. Included Myriads drawstring bag is perfect for transporting or giftgiving! 3 to 6 players, 90+ minute playtime